August 3, 2014

Especially For You

Hello my friends!

It was off to church this morning, and now another relaxing day at home.  It's gorgeous out, so a bike ride is in order.  We're going to finish cooking meals for the week too, I think.  I love having stuff done ahead, so all I have to do is grab something as I walk out the door.  So convenient. 

I made this yesterday, but didn't get it done in time to get a picture of it.  I dig!


The butterfly is so delicate, but she's bold and pops nicely against the blue, white and green.  I was going to use my usual pearls for the body, but wanted something a bit different this time.  I like the way the wood veneer heart looks, almost like it was meant to go in that spot.  Lots of new Simon Says Stamp goodies on this card too.  Love that!  I've combined the following challenges...

Color Throwdown #303: Cool Caribbean, Garden Green, Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parage (I got as close as I could with what I have on hand)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Case Study #202

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!







What's In It?
Paper: SU Baja Breeze & Whisper White cardstock, Green & Lime Bazzill textured cardstock
Stamps: Hero Arts Flourish Background, Simon Says Stamp Friendship Messages
Ink: VersaMark, Tuxedo Black dye ink
Accessories: Butterfly Circle Nestabilities, Memory Box Vivienne Butterfly die

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yes, that delicate butterfly is awesome in red! Great take on the inspiration!
Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

Broni said...

Gorgeous! Love that delicate butterfly and the subtle design on the background! What a neat idea to use the wood heart! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Steph, the butterfly is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Steph. Love the delicate butterfly die-cut on the at doily. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

umichka said...

Your card is so sweet! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

umichka said...

Your card is so sweet! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.