July 6, 2013

I Can Do All Things...

Hiya!

Happy Saturday!  I am excited that I got to sleep in this morning.  Nothing like getting a couple extra hours of sleep. *happy sigh*  I'm sure I would have slept longer, had I not received a text message from a certain someone who's in another time zone. lol  I'm also super excited that my daughter will be home this afternoon.  I missed her very much!  I wanted to get some crafty time in before she gets home, so I created this, before breakfast even. :-)


This is my very loose interpretation of VLVJUL2013 sketch challenge over at SCS.  I wanted to keep it very simple, so that the sentiment was the focal point.  There is someone very close to my heart that will be going through something very difficult over the next few weeks, and I wanted to make sure she knew that I was praying for her, and that God would get her through it.  We both know it will all work out in the end, but getting there is often the hardest.  I've really taken a liking to CAS cards, and I LOVE how this card turned out.  It's simple, and beautiful.  I don't use the color purple often, but it's her favorite, so I know she'll love it.  

I've combined the following challenges in my card today:

Word Art Wednesday #87 - Anything Goes
VLVJUL2013 - Sketch (again, my very loose interpretation)
CAS-ual Fridays #108 - Include Fabric, Felt, Canvas,etc. (the bottom layer of my focal panel is SU! fabric glued to cardstock, and then cut out with my Nestabilities to create the "frame")
Crazy 4 Challenges #193 - Lets Get Wordy (focus on sentiment, big or small)

I just found out this morning, that I was chosen as the Diva of the week, for THIS card.  What a shock!  Thanks a bunch!


By the way, don't forget that the new House of Cards challenge will go live on Monday morning.  You still have time to join the current challenge though.  You can click HERE, for all of the details.

I'm off to finish laundry, clean the house, and maybe make something else.  I do hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs!

9 comments:

dstandard said...

Beautiful card Steph - hope you are doing well!

Susie W. said...

Wonderful card Steph! I love that sentiment.
I'm so glad to have the chance to choose your card as the winner at Dynamic Duos. It was just so perfectly executed. There were a lot of wonderful entries, but your card kept drawing me back.
Congrats Diva!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

A beautifully simple card! The fabric you used for the frame is really fun. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

KelliJo said...

What a great card! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the love put into making it! Thanks for playing along with us at Crazy4Challenges!

Monika Reeck said...

ooh love your color on your card and nice sentiment too, elegant card..love the simplicity on your card...

I am also joining the CAS-UAL Fridays, and my card is number 32 if you want to see it on my blog and I would be so happy if you could leave me some love...many thanks before and hugs...Monik

Sarah Gough said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at C4C!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! It looks like a big hug! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sylvia Blum said...

Beautiful card, Steph!
Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx