September 2, 2013

Thank You Tombow!

Hey y'all!

How's your holiday weekend going?  I did have to work a bit yesterday morning, but I'm glad that I did.  I will be ahead of the game when I get back to work tomorrow, and things are crazy, which they always are after a holiday.  I did, however, get time to make a card.  Yay!

Recently, the wonderful people at Tombow gifted me some of their awesome goodies, in celebration of their 100th birthday.  I received some lovely bright markers, some really nice colored pencils and some adhesive.  Check it out!



I wanted to use all of these items on the card I was going to make, but wasn't sure what to do.  Then, I saw the CAS-ual Fridays challenge (from two weeks ago...yep, I'm behind lol) and loved the color combo of aqua, green & orange.  So, here's what I made.


I stamped the large butterfly, twice, and colored them with the colored pencils.  I then stamped the small butterfly, and colored it with the markers.  I layered them together and added a pearl.  The dimension on this butterfly is SO awesome!  I love how it turned out.  I was excited that the colored pencils matched the background chevron paper almost perfectly.  I added a pop of yellow, teal and orange, and my card was good to go.  It's simple, and lovely. 

If you get the opportunity, check out the festivities at the Tombow blog.  In celebration, they're donating to the Council for Arts Education.  What a great thing to do!

I'll be back soon, with another something crafty. 

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome goodies and card:)

Patti J said...

I had fun with some Tombow goodies, too! Beautiful card, dear friend! Hugs...

Jessi Fogan said...

That butterfly is stunning, Steph! I love how you layered the lace & scallops with it - every element pops :) And WOOT for cool free stuff!!

karalschuknecht said...

This is really pretty and I love the dimension of the butterfly.