January 30, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas Challenge #5

Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by again.  I apologize, but this post is going to be short and sweet.  Somehow I forgot to set my alarm, and I overslept. lol

It's time for another CASE-ing Christmas challenge. Here is this weeks card, created by Mynn.  Love the colors...


And here is my card.

As I mentioned above, I LOVE the colors that Mynn chose for her card, so I went in that direction this time.  I also attempted to keep it pretty simple.  I just got this Memory Box ornament die and really like the detail it has.  And, even though I'm not a fan of glitter, I love the glitter paper I saw Jennifer McGuire use on one of her cards and had to try it out.  It's fantastic!  It adds lots of sparkle, and you don't get glitter on anything.  Win/win for me!  I'm going to enter my card for the following challenges.


The Pink Elephant #283: Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Take Your Pick (I chose the sketch, this is my loose interpretation)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

I have to run, as I'm going to be late for work.  I do hope you'll check out what everyone has created for you this week.  I'm hoping to get some crafty time in this weekend, so that I can share another card with you soon.  Also, don't forget to stop back on Wednesday, to see what my excitement has been about lately. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

 




What's In It?
Paper: SU! Whisper White Cardstock, SU! Not Quite Navy Cardstock, Fancy Pants Oct 31 Patterned Paper, Echo Park Keepin' Cozy Patterned Paper, ODBD Christmas Paper Collection 2014, DCWV Glitzy Glitter Cardstock Stack
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Peace on Earth
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink
Accessories: 1/4" Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Pretty Pink Posh Snowflakes, Kaiser Black Rhinestones, Memory Box Globe Ornament, Memory Box Portia Ornament

6 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is SO gorgeous, Steph!!! LOVE the use of the colors and I adore that die, too! Super pretty! HUGS and happy weekend, friend! :) Mynn xx

Nancy in Iowa said...

You are right - this is a lovely color combination. Speaking of combinations - great combo of textures, lines, details on this!
Fellow NW Iowa carder! Thanks for popping over to my blog. Hobby Lobby, lunch, and meeting a card enthusiast? Sounds like another winning combination!

Rosmarie said...

So beautiful and bright!! I love how you reused the tree trunks for the background of your card!
Rosi x - from the Even team

debby4000 said...

Love your beautiful Christmas card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Great card Steph, I love your take on Mynn's card.
Lorry :o) xx

Peanut said...

Don't you just love this colour combo? So classy and elegant. LOVE that bauble too!
hugs, Asha