March 11, 2016

Just Us Girls Challenge #334: Trend Week

Hello hello!

How was your week?  Were you able to get crafty?  It's been pouring like crazy here, all week.  We've had several flash flood warnings, and I feel like I should be taking a boat to work, rather than driving. lol  The nasty weather outside though, has made it easy to stay inside and make pretty stuff.  It looks like I'll get caught up on lots of stuff indoors this weekend.

It's Saturday, which means there is a new Just Us Girls challenge posted.  How exciting!  I love their challenges, and am still shocked to be their guest designer this month.  This week is a trend week: Shaker Card.


And here is the card I made.


I've really been trying to step outside my comfort zone this year, to try things that I wouldn't normally try.  I believe my style is considered clean, classy and elegant, but for this card I went with cute.  I LOVE how Nichol McGourick creates all of those adorable cards, and I was hoping to try my luck at one of them.  In all, it turned out pretty adorable.  I think I'm going to put my clouds on the inside of the frame next time though, to add different layers of dimension.  I added a bit of foam tape behind my clouds also, so that some of the sequins would "land" in those areas and stay there.  Looking at the picture, I think you get what I'm talking about.  I've had this beautiful WPlus9 stamp and die set in my possession for over a year, but this is the first time I'm using it.  *sigh*  I feel like I have tons of stuff that never gets used.  I think it may be time to challenge myself to use anything that hasn't ever been used or purge it. lol  I'm going to send this card to one of my best friends who is in need of some cheering up.  I think she'll like it. :-)

So that's all for me today.  I'm going to clean my place, do laundry, and work on prepping meals for the week.  I will also probably catch up on a few shows on Netflix and watch a couple movies.  It's going to be a great, relaxing weekend for me.  I do hope you'll head over to the Just Us Girls blog to see all of the amazing projects posted today.  Oh my gosh are they wonderful!!

Have a great weekend!






7 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Stephanie, this is so cute! I love the fun, sunny scene with the fabulous shaker. This should definitely put a smile on her face.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love it! The colors are bright and happy. Love the sun and clouds and your fun sentiment! So happy you are playing along with us this month as our GD.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome "cheering up" card -- those Spring colors are quite fabulous!

~amy~ said...

so cute! There's something about plaid....so fun + happy.

Nancy said...

Such a terrific shaker card Steph! Really love the plain background and the rolling hills! Enjoy your day!

Judy Woodland said...

Your card just makes me smile...I love all the cheery bright colors and die cuts. And your design is awesome. LOVE it!!

Ina G said...

Awesome layout for your shaker card. Love the bright colours you chose. Lovely to have you as our Guest this month at JUGS.