March 12, 2011

US#97 - Mikey

Good day to all!

Are you having a good weekend, so far?  I'm packing this weekend, so I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished with that.  I have another Unscripted Sketches project for you today though.  This weeks sketch is another great one, and I had fun putting this layout together.  For this weeks sketch challenge, click HERE.


Even though I don't see this lil guy anymore, I had one final picture of him to put on a layout.  I will probably give it to Stephen so that he can put it in the book with the rest of the layouts I gave him when we parted ways.  I love Mikey's goofy smile in this photo, and how you can tell he's got a cute, cheesy personality. lol  On the right hand side, I wanted to use patterned paper, but couldn't find one that I really liked (in all my stash, I know, impossible to imagine), so I used a strip of transparency that I've had for ages.  I like the subtle pattern, and how it breaks up the page.  Since it's neutral with black and gray, it went well with the striped strip of patterned paper I added.  A border punched strip, some faux stitching, and the title were added and I was done.  I like how this turned out. 

I hope you'll head over to the US blog to see what fabulous projects were created for ya today.  Always so inspiring!

Also, don't forget, you still have until Wednesday to join in on the first FYI challenge.  It's a fabulous inspiration photo. :) 

Big hugs!

No comments: