June 1, 2013

Rain or Shine

Howdy!

It's a chilly and rainy first day of June here in Iowa, so we decided to stay in and bake tons of goodies.  Aside from a ham, baked sweet potatoes and homemade peach cobbler, we also made cupcakes and our favorite Mexican sugar cookies (my grandmother's recipe).  Talk about greatness! lol  While doing laundry, and keeping up with the happenings in the kitchen, I was also able to squeeze in some time to get my craft on.  I had been wanting to try a couple new challenges out there, and today was the day.  Here is the card I put together.


I think this is one of the most CAS cards I've ever made.  I dig!  I kept wanting to add stuff to it, but in the end, I decided that less was more this time.  I absolutely love the distressed blue panel with the water stamping on it.  When I was in Dallas for Memorial Day weekend with my sister, I put together a couple of boxes of crafty goodness from storage, and shipped them to myself.  In one box was the PTI Scattered Showers stamp set.  I am sad to admit that I've had this set for over a year, and this is the first time it's seen ink.  I realize now that I have a lot of stuff like that. *sigh*  I guess that means I'll just have to start creating more. :o)

I've combined the following challenges in my card:

Fusion Challenge #9 - This is my take on combining both the sketch and the inspiration photo. 
Inkspirational Challenge #22 - Anything Goes
WordArt Wednesday #82 - Anything Goes
Use It Tuesday #56 - Anything Goes (The stamp set I used is over 2 years old)

I do hope you're having a fabulous weekend.  Hopefully, you're getting lots of craftiness done.  See you guys again soon!

Hugs!

13 comments:

Patti J said...

Less is definitely more, my friend! Great card! Lol...I've had some of those stamps that see no ink, too! Great card! Thanks for sharing...hope you are well.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a wonderful card! I love the background paper you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Stacey
Stacey’s Creative Corner

Mynn xx said...

Too stinkin' cute, Steph! LOVE the sentiment and I adore the polka dotted umbrella! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

PS: I love coming here because each time I see your blog title, I have to smile. That's what my DH is always saying after I take a little trip to the craft store! ;)

sandie said...

wow what a busy day! This is a fabulous CAS card, you were so right not to add more! The red umbrella really does pop against the distress background. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

kReN said...

This CAS card is great! I've been ogling umbrella dies but maybe a stamp set is a better way to go. TFS!


I saw you at WAW. Come and see what I've done lately.
kren@
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just darling, Steph. It's simple but super fun and creative. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge this week. Your participation is a real blessing to me, and I thank God for you and your willingness to share the talent He has given to you. I look forward to seeing more of your sweet art!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Lyndal said...

FAB card Steph - I love your inked panel too!
So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

~amy~ said...

Hey you!!!! Super CUTE and so glad you played along with us at Fusion:)

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card...love the polka dots! Thanks for joining us this week at Fusion.

Heather B said...

I really, really love this!!! Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

Nicole said...

I have that same problem of wanting to add lots more to my cards sometimes! It's gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Use It Tuesday!

Karen Letchworth said...

Congrats on your win from last week's challenge. Although it's just a small prize, I hope you will continue to play along with us. We offer great prizes, and most week TWO prizes. Your art is SO adorable, I look forward to seeing more of it shared in our challenges. Have a blessed week and take care!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love how fresh and clean this card looks. The red polka dot umbrella is adorable!