April 2, 2015

Cards to Share

Greetings my crafty friends!

How have y'all been?  It's been a bit crazy around here with work, and getting ready for prom at the last minute.  Nothing like not wanting to go, and then changing her mind, because a boy asked her. lol  Fortunately, she's easy to shop for and we found the dress she wanted in under an hour (yep, lucky me), and they had the shoes she wanted also.  Win/win for us. :-)

Anyway, onto the crafty stuff.  I was excited to be invited to a small retreat last weekend.  I only knew one person there, but it was fun getting to know everyone.  Amazingly, I created 6 cards.  Usually, I am sitting around talking. lol

I wanted to participate in the latest MFT Color Challenge (#18).  The colors are Daffodil, Brown Paper Bag, Tangy Orange and Berrylicious.  I got as close as I could, with what I had.  I also wanted to try using embossing paste, so I embossed the clouds.  For added interest I dry embossed the background panel, after the embossing paste had dried.  This was inspired by this months Virginia's View Challenge (#14), which is to include lots of layers and dimensions.  Here is how it turned out.


The next card I made incorporates another technique I just started using, ombre.  I'm not a huge pink fan, but these colors were just screaming to be used.  I started with Barn Door, then added Abandoned Coral and finished with Spun Sugar.  I embossed the watercolor background with the SU! En Francais background stamp and embossed with white embossing powder first, for added texture.  The addition of the lovely SSS butterfly finished off my card perfectly, and I love it.  I'm going to submit this card  for The Challenge, which is anything goes, to celebrate their first year.  Yay for them!


My last card is one that I'm a bit on the fence about.  I really like the simplicity of it, but feel like I need to add something.  I got the inspiration for this card from The Shabby Tea Room challenge #248.  I'm thinking that I'll probably add another something to this card, before sending it, but I'm not sure what just yet.  The more I look at it, the more it grows on me, so maybe I'll just leave it.      


That's all for me today.  I'm off to spend time with my daughter, and then cook dinner.  I do hope everyone has a wonderful evening.  I'll be back tomorrow, with my next CASE-ing Christmas card.

Hugs!






4 comments:

Michelle said...

Steph, your cards are beautiful! I love those clouds, and how you embossed them. Perfect! That pink card is superb! The background is amazing, and that delicate butterfly is perfect. I like the last card for its clean and simple style (but, you know I'm a CAS girl). I hope your gorgeous girl completely enjoys her prom night. A one hour shopping trip sounds awesome to me, lol!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely colors!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge on our Anniversary Linky Party Celebration! Sure hope that you join us again for a BRAND NEW exciting challenge tomorrow! -YAY!!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful cards. Love that you shared them with us at the Challenge.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous cards! Each so unique. Thank you for playing along with us at MFT Challenge. :)