May 31, 2015

Congratulations

Hello everyone!

I feel like it's been forever, since I made anything, just for fun.  With softball season starting and work being crazy, I haven't had much creative mojo.  Since the weather is gray and overcast, and I'm home alone today, I decided to make some stuff.  I turned off my cell phone (which was more difficult than I expected, and an eye opener), turned up the music, and just created lots of fun things.  Here is the first card I made today.



The colors in my photo are a bit washed out, but this was the best of the bunch.  In real life the colors are much more vibrant.  I clear embossed the flower onto some watercolor paper, and then used my distress inks to watercolor it.  I then used one of my green Copic markers on a piece of vellum, for the leaves.  I love how the leaves have a bit of striation from the marker.  I wish the photo would have been better, so you could see it.  I added my sentiment, not stamped in black for a change, and some sequins to finish it off.  I had to fight the urge to add more stuff, but decided that keeping it CAS would be best.  LOVE how it turned out!  I'm going to submit this for the following challenges.

Color Throwdown #344: Coral Pink, Pale Yellow & Spring Green (I got as close as I could)
Freshly Made Sketches #188: Sketch
Simon's Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
The Paper Players #247: Tic Tac Toe (I used sequins, embossing & die cut)
Pile It On #71: Focus on Coloring (I colored with distress inks)

I'll be back soon, hopefully, with another something crafty.  I hope you have a wonderful day!






What's In It?
Paper: SU! Very Vanilla & Watercolor Cardstock
Stamps: Reverse Confetti Fancy Word Coordinates, Stampendous Zinnia
Ink: VersaMark, Tattered Rose, Picked Raspberry & Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, Copic: G43
Accessories: Detail Clear Embossing Powder, Memory Box Lorelai Leaf Outline Die, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Steph, I really LOVE this card! The floral really caught my eye in the gallery and is such a beautiful use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card!! Flowers are gorgeous!mxs for playing at CTD,

Tammy Hershberger said...

That flower is beautiful!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Bananastamper said...

This is just gorgeous Steph! Great take on the sketch and I love the technique you've used.
Shanna :)

Vickie Z said...

Beautiful!! love that flower! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Your flower is so pretty - I actually loved the soft color!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)