June 19, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas Challenge #25

Happy Friday!

How is everyone doing today?  Around here, softball season is in full swing, so there has been a lot of work, and hanging out at the ball fields.  I'm not complaining though, my tan is coming along quite nicely. lol  All of the games are packed into the months of June and July, so we have been at two to three games per week, plus Saturday tournaments.  With it being so crazy at work, on top of trying to go to as many games as I can, I have had very little crafting time.  It's all worth it though.  My daughter is going into her senior year of high school, and I don't want to miss a minute of it.  I only have one child, so this is it.  Her last year of school, SAT/ACT's, college visits and applications.  Wow...it has all come much to quickly for this mama.  *sigh*

Anyway, enough rambling.  There is a new CASE-ing Christmas challenge posted.  This week we are CASEing Ellen.  Here is her beautiful card. 

 

And here is my CASE.


I chose the layout and colors this week.  I wanted to try a new (to me) technique of layering patterned papers under the focal point.  In all, I think it turned out ok, but I'm not sure it is exactly how I wanted it.  It'll grow on me though, I'm sure.  Either way, it's another Christmas card for my stash.

I do hope you'll head over to see what the other designers have created for you.  Their interpretations of Ellen's card this week are awesome.  Maybe you'll get the chance to play along, and start building your Christmas card stash. :-)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!






What's In It?
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Silver & Navy Cardstock, Carta Bella Bundled Up Patterned Paper, Echo Park Keepin' Cozy Patterned Paper
Stamps: Verve O Christmas Tree, Simon Says Stamp Holiday Hello's
Ink: Simon Says Stamp White Pigment Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink, MFT Electric Red Dye Ink, Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen, Copics: R46, R89, Y35, G46
Accessories: Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil, MFT Pierced Circles Dies

2 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Steph, your card is gorgeous just the way it is! Thank you for the inspiration I'm off to start my card... have a great weekend...Megan

Mynn xx said...

Steph, this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the gorgeous wreath image, and I adore the layering of the torn paper! FABULOUS! HUGS, friend! :) Mynn xx