July 12, 2015

Hello

Good day to all!

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, filled with all kinds of good stuff.  I had great intentions of hanging out at the pool, but that didn't happen.  Instead, I've been dealing with a work issue, since about 6:30 this morning.  No worries though.  Things always wind up working out.  And, I got the chance to make this card. :)


I absolutely adore the way this background turned out!  There's just something about a rainbow that makes me smile, every time I see one.  This is no exception.  I mentioned that I wanted to use my stencils more often, so last night I got them all inky.  I should have more for you to see over the next few days, using stencils, hopefully.  I'm excited to have another card for my stash, and I was excited to be able to participate in the following challenges.

Cardabilities #126:  Sketch
Alphabet Challenge:  K is for Kind Thoughts
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #13:  Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create #14:  Anything Goes

That's all for me.  I'm off to start dinner, and then maybe watch a movie with my daughter.  I hope you have a wonderful afternoon!

Stay crafty my friends!






What's In It?
Paper: Neenah Solar White Cardstock, PTI Kraft Cardstock, American Crafts DIY Shop Patterned Paper, DCWV Glitzy Glitter Paper, Vellum
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Stripe Greetings
Ink: VersaMark, Mister Huey's Opaque White, Distress Inks: Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron & Mermaid Lagoon
Accessories: White Paper Flowers, Maya Road Natural Twine, SSS Stitched Rectangles Dies, Reverse Confetti Circles & Scallops Dies, MFT Stitched Fishtail Flags & Layered Heart Border Dies

8 comments:

Lizzyc said...

GU, Your card looks lovely, I love the stripey back ground and the twine bow.. thanks for joining in with Cardabilities..

Darlene said...

This is awesome Steph! I too love the background ... caught my eye right away! Great take on our sketch and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Cardabilities! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Good Luck!
Darlene
Cardabilities DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

mapo said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colors. thanks for joining in with Cardabilities..

mapo said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colors. thanks for joining in with Cardabilities..

Bananastamper said...

Wow, Love that colourful background! Such a lovely card!
Shanna :)

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card! I love how simple; but elegant you have designed this card. I have never used stencils; even though I own them. I guess I will have to try them sometime. I can't wait to see your other creations.

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also. I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join, comment and add your link.

Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you back again in two weeks for the next one. Good luck in the drawings. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I adore the rainbow colours/stripes in the background, so eye catching and I love how you embellished too. Gorgeous design. Thanks so much for joining us in the We Love To Create Challenge. Tracy x

JayBe said...

What a great design - I love all the different textures. Thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx