September 27, 2015

Pile It On #88 - Comic Book or Manga Style

Hello everyone!

How are ya'll doing?  I hope you've been well, and have had lots of time to get crafty lately.  Things around here have been fairly busy.  With homecoming week, and working two jobs, I've had a hard time keeping track of whether I'm coming or going. lol  The weather has started to cool off, with temps only in the 70's during the day and dropping into the 40's and 50's at night.  This makes for a very comfortable sleeping environment.  At least I'm well rested. :)

Enough about that though, there's a new Pile It On challenge posted.  This weeks challenge is to create a project with a Comic Book or Manga theme.  Our sponsor this week is the awesome  KennyK, and the winner will receive 3 digis of their choice.


Here is the card I made for this weeks challenge.


I thought the KennyK Fist Hero image would be perfect for this challenge, and I had already decided I wanted to use the Comic Book theme.  I also used the Ka-Pow set from The Alley Way Stamps, which was perfect.  I created the background behind the main image, in hopes it would resemble a comic book strip.  I colored and cut out the super hero, and popped him up on top.  I stamped my sentiment in random places, added the "sunburst" and called it done.  In all, I really dig how well this turned out.  It didn't start off all that great (this is attempt #3). lol

I'm going to submit my card for the following challenges:

Mojo Monday #416:  Sketch
The Unicorn Challenge #1: Mythical & Magical (Superhero's are mythical, right?)
Simon's Wednesday Challenge: No Patterned Paper
Fusion Card Challenge: Sketch and/or Inspiration Photo (I was inspired by the colors in the photo)
4 Crafty Chicks #265: Sparkle & Shine (My teal cardstock is metallic, and sparkles in real life)
Seize The Birthday: Anything Goes

I do hope you'll head over to the Pile It On blog to see what the other designers have created for you today.  They're all pretty fantastic.

I hope to be back soon with another something crafty.  Hopefully, the cooler weather will spark my creative mojo back into action.  I love staying indoors, making stuff, while it's chilly outside.  I wish you a great day!

Stay crafty my friends!






What's In It?
Paper: Bazzill Metallic Teal Cardstock, SU! Whisper White Cardstock, SU! Basic Black Cardstock
Stamps: KennyK Fist Hero Digi Stamp, The Alley Way Stamps Ka-Pow, CAS-ual Fridays Amazeballs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Blendabilities Coastal Cabana Group, Copics: R14, R17, Y13, Y18
Accessories: Spellbinders Small Smooth Circles

9 comments:

Lisa J said...

This is a great card for a superhero fan! Thanks for joining in with our first challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

sandie said...

Such a fun and explosive card. Great to see you at Fusion

SmilynStef said...

Love how all of the elements work together in your design ... so glad you joined us a Fusion Card Challenge.

Crafty Pearly said...

Fabulous masculine card. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx

Cross Stitch Claire said...

I love this, what a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Jeanne J. said...

How fun! The comic look brings back good memories and love all the action you captured Steph!

jenn shurkus said...

awesome card!!!! thank you for joining us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge

Anni said...

Really love your card! Great colors!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni

OttawaMom said...

This is a fabulous superhero card!! Perfect for a comic book fan. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!