March 1, 2016

House of Cards March Challenge

Welcome!

How are y'all doing?  It's been a crazy week for me at work, and it's only Tuesday. lol  Since I was in training all last week, this week is catch up and month end.  I'm sure it'll all get taken care of, but until the weekend, it's going to be very busy.  As I'm typing this post, I'm finding it hard to believe we're in March already.  Wasn't it Christmas just yesterday? lol  Time continues to fly by, and all we can do is watch. 

Since it is March 1st, it's time for a new House of Cards challenge.  This month's challenge is Silhouette. 



Here is the card I made.


I was aiming for a CAS look, again, and think it worked out pretty well.  I love how these inks from Avery Elle blended together.  I used Pixie and Mint To Be.  Once I was done blending the inks, I added my silhouette flowers and the sentiment.  I splattered on some white Mister Huey's and a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins, and I was done.   I'm excited to combine the following challenges in my card:

Addicted To Stamps & More #182:  Make Your Mark
Color Throwdown #381:  Pink, Light Green & Kraft (this challenge is now closed, but I still loved the color combo)
Freshly Made Sketches #225:  Sketch (my loose interpretation)
Simon's Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #414:  Florals
Crazy 4 Challenges #325:  Spring

I hope you'll head over to the HOC blog to see what the other DT members have created for you.  As always, they're pretty fantastic.  And don't forget, you have a whole month to join us!

Stay crafty my friends!






10 comments:

Merethe A said...

I really like this CAS look on your card. And great that you have cut the front panel smaller than the back, and had the sentiment on the back panel. So fun to see all you girls creations and howe diffrent they are on the same theme.

(✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous card, Steph! I love this pretty color combination!
Take Care!
Michele

Unknown said...

This is lovely, I really like that minty green color!

Toni said...

heck, yeah, you got a CAS look. a gorgeous one at that!

Mynn xx said...

Um, GORGEOUS! I am in LOVE with the color combo here, Steph! Your layout and added bits of bling are fabulous, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card. Love that pink and green background.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful CAS card, Steph.
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful CAS card! Loving the hint of minty green :o)
Tina HOC teamie

Unknown said...

Bellisima y delicada tarjeta! Gracias por compartir, Saludos. Paula!

Susan Renshaw said...

Super sophisticated card!
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!