March 13, 2015

Mission EMBOSS-ible!

Hello my friends!

I'm so excited to have you stop by today!  I have a card to share with you, as a guest, over on the jingle belles blog.  Lauren and Stephanie make amazing holiday cards each week, so I was thrilled to be joining them for the next two weeks.  I'm sure you know by now, how much I enjoy making holiday cards as well, so this was a win/win for me.  This challenge is one of my favorites too, embossing.  Here is the card I made.


I wanted to keep things simple, so that the focus would be on the embossing.  I included both wet and dry embossing on my card, as I love both.  I wanted a pink poinsettia, and think it turned out pretty well.  I used the colors from Color Throwdown #331, as they really struck me as being beautiful, and played into my love of non-traditional Christmas cards.  I added some leaves, and a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins, and was done.  I like the simplicity of this card, with the embossing and the sentiment as the main focus.  I'm going to submit this card for the following challenges.

Virginia's View Challenge: Embossing
The Card Concept #30: Photo Inspiration
ODBDSLC230: Sketch (my loose interpretation)


Stephanie and Lauren have created two beautiful cards for your viewing pleasure, and I do hope you'll head over to check them out.  Maybe you'll get the chance to play along and slowly build your holiday card stash in the process? :-)

Have a wonderful day!
      





What's In It?
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock, Simon Says Stamp Cotton Candy Cardstock
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Peace On Earth
Ink: VersaMark, Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink Dye Ink
Accessories: Simon Says Stamp Detail White Embossing Powder, Pretty Pink Posh Pink Peonies Sequins, Sierra Scroll Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Blossom 2 Dies

10 comments:

Toni said...

very cool effect! I'm going to share this with my sister who I believe owns this die set. lots o possibilities!

Patti J said...

What a great idea! The design is perfect, and love the nice soft color!

Tracey McNeely said...

Steph this is beautiful.Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Angela said...

This is one big beautiful bloom, Steph! The colors are marvelous. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at The Card Concept!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Wonderful idea! This is definitely beautiful bloom!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

lauren bergold said...

i *LOVE* this card... and i'm not just saying it b/c you made it for JINGLE BELLES... or b/c it's PINK! (tho i do also love those two things about it lol!) but mostly... it's just a great design that showcases the gorgeous dies and embossing and is full of xmas cheer! <3 <3 <3 (ps thanks for coming up with a great prompt idea and being our lovely guest star at JINGLE BELLES!) :)

Deb said...

What a gorgeous card,beautiful textures and colours!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful!! I love all the texture and the layered flower with the embossing!! Such a stunning take on the ODBD sketch with the sentiment as the strip and the focal flower!! Thanks for sharing your talent at ODBD!!

Lorraine said...

Pink poinsettias are my favorite color. This is too pretty for words. I love all those layers and the embossing gives it so much interest. Great card!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous textures and design! The flower is so beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!