July 15, 2013

HOC Month One - Classic & Elegant

Hiya!

This is my second post for the day.  To see what else I've been up to, please scroll down.

It's Monday, which brings us to the next challenge at House of Cards.  I've been participating with them since the first post went live, at the beginning of the month, but this week is focused on my group - Classic and Elegant.  Below is the theme for this month.  For this weeks challenge, click HERE



And here is what I created:


I LOVE butterflies!  These Verve butterflies are among my favorite, and when I saw the theme for this months color challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.  I colored them with my Copics, in the colors matching the theme, and then cut them out.  I don't like to fussy cut, much, but they're exactly what I hoped they'd be, once I put them on my card.  I used THIS sketch, even though the challenge is now closed, because it was perfect for what I wanted to do.  And, I'm happy to have another card to add to my stash, yay! 

I have also combined the following challenges in my card today:

Totally Papercrafts #175 - All of a Flutter
Speedy Fox & Friends #168 - Favorite Technique (dry embossing)
Robyn's Fetish #168 - Things With Wings
Hybrid Chick Card Caravan #46 - Red, White & Blue

I do hope you'll head over to the House of Cards challenge blog to see what my friends have created for you today as well.  They're pretty fantastic!

I'll be back with more crafty goodness soon...
Hugs!

17 comments:

Ruth M said...

Such a beautiful card Steph, the lacy border, pearls and swirly sentiment add such classy elegance to your design! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your cards at HOC over the coming months! Ruth x

John Lockwood said...

Steph This card is absolutely stunning Can't wait to see what you have come up with for week 5!

John x

Mynn xx said...

Steph, this is awesome!!! LOVE the butterflies and that dry embossed paper! Absolutely gorgeous card--a fabulous debut for HOC! Can't wait to see more!!! HUGS and have a great week! :)

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Steph, I love those Verve butterflies!
Tammy x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey gf - rocking use of the colors!

Nancy Seed said...

Love this. Both classic and elegant. Great job.

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh how lovely!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I would have never guessed that you hand cut those butterflies... they look great! I like the combination of the embossing and patterned paper. Great card!
- Shauna

Patti J said...

Beautiful! I love those colors together! Elegant, for sure. So pretty!

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Steph! Absolutely gorgeous card! Those butterflys are stunning! I marvel at how well you have played in all three styles so far. Look forward to more beautiful creations! Have a great day.

Anita said...

I love your take on this challenge, it gorgeous. Hugs.

Alica said...

Great card! The pearls on the butterflies are a very elegant touch!

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful butterflies, your card is lovely TFS with Speedy TV..Lis

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Steph
I love butterflies too, and you have created a gorgeous card here, it is very classic.
Smiles:)
Sue

Pat said...

Lovely. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Vannessa said...

This is just stunning Steph. Have added that butterfly to my Verve wishlist :)

Scrappycath said...

Beautiful Card. Thanks for joining us for The Card Caravan at The Hybrid Chick