July 11, 2013

All of My Love

Greetings!

It's been a busy week, but I have managed to get some crafty time in.  I'm excited that tomorrow's Friday, but my goodness, time sure is going by VERY quickly!  In two weeks from today, I'll be basking in the breathtaking views with my favorite girl.  We're headed to the Denver area for a nice, extended weekend getaway, with my mom, sister and brother in law.  I can't wait to see her face when she sees the mountains.  This is her first trip to Colorado, and I sure hope she loves it as much as I do.  Maybe I can talk her into applying to the University of Colorado? *crossing my fingers*

Anyway, here is a card I put together before bed the other night.


I'm not a huge pink fan, but I really wanted to use the floral paper, that I've been hoarding for a couple years now.  Everything came together rather easily.  I like how it turned out, and now I've got another card for my stash.  I've combined the following challenges in my card today:

Mojo Monday #301 - Sketch
ODBDSLC161 - Love, Wedding or Anniversary
Papertake Weekly - Old, New, Borrowed or Blue (my patterned papers are old, but the die cut is a new die I just got)
Kaboodle Blog #179 - Anything French (the green background stamp on one of the panels is the French Script stamp from SU!)

I was excited to find out that I was chosen as a Pals Paper Arts Pick.  Thanks a bunch!


I'm off to watch a movie and hang out with my girl, before heading to bed early.  I'm exhausted and I have an early conference call in the morning.  I hope all of you have a wonderful evening!

Hugs!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVIN that die cut and your gorgeous papers!

Patti J said...

We love Colorado. Our DS graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1998, so we were out there a lot. Then DD moved out there a few years ago, before moving to Germany. Enjoy your trip out! We really miss visiting there. Your card is gorgeous, dear friend! That's sort of a dusty pink, so it really doesn't count, right? Hugs...

Grace said...

Oh this is so beautiful!!! I love the die you used to frame the sentiment and i really like pink myself so this is just perfect to me!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Steph, this is so beautiful! I love the soft colors and DP, but the lovely dies really frames with wonderful sentiment! So glad you joined in the Our Daily Bread Shining the Light challenge this week!

Kristi said...

Enjoy your trip! I am a Colorado native and I still get goosebumps when I am driving up I-70 to the mountains and get to Genesee and all you can see in front of you is all blue sky and Continental Divide.

Talk your daughter into Colorado State University instead of CU. Better town, great education at a lower price! And yes, we have the CU/CSU debate in our home all the time. My husband is a CU (Denver) alum and my daughter is CSU. But we all agree we like Fort Collins way better than Boulder.

Norhalma said...

This is sooo pretty! I love the colors :) Thank you for playing with us and sharing your artwork at Kaboodle Doodles blog!

Donna Mack said...

Beautiful work! I love the layers and the choice of patterned papers! What a happy card!!! I love it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how elegant and beautiful!! Love your papers and use of dies!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!
Blessings,
Chris