January 16, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas Challenge #3

Greetings!

It's time for challenge #3 over at the CASE-ing Christmas challenge blog.  I have to admit, I'm really happy that I'm on this DT.  It has renewed my crafty mojo, and I am building up my Christmas card stash, just like I wanted.  Here is this weeks card that we were to CASE.  It was created by Judy.  Isn't it fun?


And here is my card.


For this card, I also chose to use the layout.  I changed up the colors, and am quite pleased at how it turned out.  I love the non-traditional look of the light blue with the red, set against the pop of black.  I realized something while creating this card.  I have a new love affair with wet embossing.  I'm not sure why I hadn't really used it much.  It's so cool!  The tree on my card was embossed in silver, and then I added a few gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  Instead of a greeting, I added some luscious red chevron twill ribbon from Pretty Pink Posh as well.  I am going to submit my card for the following challenges.

Papertake Weekly: It's All New (the papers and stamp are new)

I do hope you'll head over to the challenge blog to see what everyone has created for you today.  Hopefully, something will inspire you to create a card, and join in the fun this week.  I hope to be back soon, with another card.

Have a wonderful weekend!
What's In It?
Paper: SU! Basic Black Cardstock, Echo Park Keepin Cozy Patterned Paper
Stamps: Sarasota Stamp Company Christmas Tree
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Pretty Pink Posh Gold Sequins, Nestabilities Smooth and Big Scalloped Circle Dies, Pretty Pink Posh Red Chevron Twill Ribbon

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your take on this card! I think the trees and the bird paper are perfect. And thanks for introducing me to CASE-ing Christmas. This will be a fun way to build up my stash this year and try some new techniques I hope.

Judy V said...

Hi Steph! Beautiful card! Love your tree and the papers you used!

Mynn xx said...

Totally loving this, Steph! I adore the beautiful colors--and that cardinal paper is AMAZING!!! This is awesome! HUGS and happy weekend, friend! :) Mynn xx

Donna Nuce said...

HI Steph! I love your color scheme you chose for this CASE! I too am in love with wet embossing. So much you can do with it! Have a great day!

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful card! I too have recently "rediscovered" embossing, one of those things I always seemed to forget about. You know, it was what got me hooked on stamping in the very beginning, more than twenty years ago? lol
Gorgeous ribbon and combination of patterned papers!

Peanut said...

LOVE the colour combo, Steph... soft and elegant. Also the way you layered the tree... great idea!
hugs, Asha