May 27, 2012

2012 Christmas Card Challenge Week #26

Greetings!

It's time for another Christmas Card challenge!  I have a short post for you today, as I'm getting ready to BBQ and hangout by the pool, with a friend.  This weeks challenge is Bling.  For all of the details, click HERE


This is my very first one layer card.  I used masking tape around the edges, so that I'd have the framed look.  I used my distress inks for the emboss resist technique I wanted to try.  The sentiment was embossed as well.  I have to say, this turned out better than I expected.  I love it!  I've combined the following challenges in my card as well.

Drunken Stampers #89 - There Can Only Be One (one layered cards)
Sketchbook Saturday #61 - Sketch (my loose interpretation of it anyway)
Crazy 4 Challenges #138 - One Layer
Marks Finest Papers #109 - Emboss Your Main Image
52 Christmas Card Throwdown #5 - Embossing

I hope you all are having a wonderful, and safe, holiday weekend!
Hugs!

15 comments:

Pat said...

You did a wonderful job masking.. A beautiful Christmas card.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love your interpretation, Steph!! Perfectly CAS and so striking!

Valerie said...

Wow Steph!!! This is fantastic. I love this card and your awesome technique!
Hope you have a great long weekend and all is well in your world, friend!

~amy~ said...

super gorgeous! Sounds like you have a great day planned:)

Donna said...

WOW! Great work for your first one layer card! Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers for the one layer challenge this week!!
~Donna~

Linda said...

Beautiful card Steph.
I love you bio and your 12 step program. I think I need to join that group. I love only being 12 steps from my craft supplies. LOL Have a wonderful weekend.
Linda

dstandard said...

Gorgeous - you make the most beautiful cards!

Winnie and Patty said...

This is a beautiful holiay card! I love your color choices. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends blog challenge!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, I LOVE this!!! The CAS layout with just the right amount of bling really makes my heart sing! Thank you for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Jacqueline said...

A beautifully embossed card - thanks for joining in this week at 52 CCT - Jacqueline xx

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Steph, love the embossing as your feature! You have some really beautiful cards on your blog.

Ros said...

Hi Steph ... welcome to the Papercraft Star team ... mow I'm not the 'newbie' anymore ... Loving your style

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card. I love the snowflakes even though I hate snow, and the background really ties the card together. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

StephG said...

gorgeous card...I love how you masked the edges. What a great idea!
Thanks for playing at Drunken Stampers♥

Danielle Vincent said...

This is absolutely wonderful. I'm definitely going to have to try it. Congrats on your win at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown. I knew as soon as I saw your card it was the winner. Hugs.