May 3, 2012

FYI Challenge #29

Hey ya'll!

I hope the week has been good to you.  I'm happy to say that it has been quite nice for me this week.  The first week of the month is usually nice and quiet.  Thank goodness!

I have another FYI project for you today.  Since it's the first challenge of the month, we have a new sponsor as well.  For all of the details, click HERE.

Here is the new inspiration photo.


I loved the contrast between the colors.  The different shades of greens and browns are fabulous.  I also like the sharp peaks in the back, set against the cloudy sky.  How awesome to be living on the plane, like those who've built houses there.  The waterfall is the perfect touch to a gorgeous photo.  Below is the card I created based on the photo.


I tried to include the textures as well as the greens and browns.  I paper pieced the digi image from Fresh Brewed Designs, and cut it out so that I could pop it up on dimensionals.  I wasn't sure what I was going to use this card for just yet, so I left it without a sentiment.  I dig it.  I have also included the following challenges in my card.

Crazy 4 Challenges #134 - Paper Piecing
Paper Sundaes #118 - Ribbon & Pearls
Stampin Sisters In Christ #137 - Include green
Freshly Brewed Challenge #94 - Tic Tac Toe (I chose buttons, Fresh Brewed image and patterned paper)

I do hope you'll head over to the FYI blog to see what gorgeous creations are posted.  They're all super fab!  As usual. :)

Stay crafty my friends!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, very pretty, Steph! I love how you've softened that coffee cup image with the embossing and patterned paper.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Came out awesome! Love it that you were able to join in some other challenges!

Sara Mac said...

So cute Steph! I like your paper choices. This would be a great card to use for a Starbucks gift card.

Unknown said...

Fab card Steph great idea Hugs Elaine

Karen (carefree creations) said...

So cute! I love the layered lid and cozy!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

GASP!!! this card is GORGEOUS!!! I loooove the embossed green, the perfect soft buttery yellow and the layers. I am really wanting to pull out my GREEN and create!

I am so very happy and honored to sponsor For Your Inspiration for this challenge.
Big Smiles,
Heather

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card.

Thanks for joining us this week at paper sundaes.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Rochelle Sodipo said...

How fresh and simple. I love the design!