January 2, 2013

Papercraft Star Challenge #126

Hello hello!

Happy New Year to all of you dear friends!  I do hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the New Year!  I am happy to report that I have successfully relocated from Dallas to Iowa, and am now getting settled in my new place.  My daughter and mother are super excited to have me here, and even though it is quite a change for me (from 6 million people to 775 people, and freezing temps with snow), I'm happy to be here for them full time.  I started my new job on Monday, and even though there are lots of changes I can see that need to be made to the department I now manage, it's nothing that I haven't done before.  I'm really excited to share and implement my ideas and have them help save the company money.  It's been a while since I've posted anything crafty, but that is about to change.  I am now back into my crafty endeavors, full swing, and will have regular postings again.  I've really missed being able to create.  Anyway, onto the crafty goodness for today. :)

The theme this week at Papercraft Star is:

Your best project from 2010!
 
I had a difficult time choosing a project for this weeks challenge.  I was quite proud of several of my projects from last year.  I finally narrowed it down to three of my favorites and then let my daughter pick her favorite.  Here is the one she chose.
 
 
This frame was made as a gift for my sister and brother in law earlier in the year.  Their apartment is decorated in a rustic look with deep reds and browns, and this went perfectly with their decor.  They loved it too!  Always a plus.  I simply glued book paper  that I had stamped to the plain white frame, stamped the main image and verse, and then added the lace and ribbon/flower bow.  It was very simple and took no time at all to make.  It has definitely become one of our favorite conversation pieces.  My sister says people compliment her on it all the time.  Yay! :)

I do hope you'll head over to the PCS blog to see what my fellow designers have posted today.  All of their best projects truly are breathtaking.  I can't wait for you to see them!

I hope the New Year brings all of you good health, happiness, and contentment!
Hugs!

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wonderful pick for your favorite, Steph, I love what you did with the frame! I am sure she loves it! So happy you are moved and settling in. Have a wonderful 2013 and a fabulous Wednesday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So happy for you that everything is falling into place for you! Love your frame, it's gorgeous and your daughter has great taste ;)

Deanne :)

Rochelle Sodipo said...

SOOOO pretty Steph!

Ros Crawford said...

I love anything with book paper and this is beautiful!! Glad you are settling in ... Best Wishes for 2013!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Beautiful! The lace is so lovely with the print paper. What a sweet gift.

Hugs,
Anitra