January 9, 2013

Papercraft Star Challenge #127

Hi y'all!

How has you week been?  Did you get lots of crafty stuff done this past weekend?  I'm settling into my new job better, and things are going really well this week.  I'm being bombarded with information, but it's ok.  I'll be running the show by myself already next week, for a couple days, and I want to make sure I do a good job.

Onto this weeks Papercraft Star challenge.  The theme this week is: 

 
An inspiration photo!
 
 Here is my card, based on the photo.
 
 
I love the way book paper looks on projects.  After looking at the photo from my project last week, I wanted to incorporate it into this weeks project too.  Those distress inks have definitely done the trick again this time.  I love the simplicity of this card, and the focus on the sentiment.  Unfortunately, this card is for my mom.  The mother of one of her friends passed away recently and she's sending it to their family.
 
I do hope you'll head over to the PCS blog to see what everyone else has created this week.  As usual, they're absolutely gorgeous!
 
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!


3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Steph, sorry for your mom's friends loss! Love the book page as well. I was going to do a book page piece on mine and totally forgot until after I was finished. Oh well, there is always another card, right!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card ... I love the book print too

Sleepy Stamper said...

This is such a lovely card Steph. I can see how you used the inspiration photo beautifully.

Hugs,
Anitra