January 21, 2013

An Indefinite Break

Hello friends!

Greetings from the sub zero, freezing temps here in Iowa!  It was -3 this morning, and will be getting down to like -7 tonight.  I'm longing for the shorts and flip flops weather that I had in Dallas!

I have enjoyed spending time with my daughter, doing the things together that we hadn't done in years.  The decision to move here has been a wise one.  I can see the difference in her personality and attitude, and I can tell that she's glad I'm here.  Just the fact that she's starting to open up about the "issue" we're currently dealing with makes me believe that this is where I'm supposed to be.  I can also tell that my mom is more relieved, and less stressed now that I'm here to take care of everything.  *happy sigh* 

The free time I used to have that was filled with papercrafting is now filled with quality time spent with my daughter and mother.  My priorities have changed, and I've resigned from all of my design teams.  I have had a wonderful time being a part of each one of them, but ultimately, this is the right thing.  The FYI challenge blog will still be a part of my normal routine.  I own it, so I will continue to create the posts for it.  I may even participate every once in a while, but for the most part, my blog will be quite dormant. 

I will be checking in on everyone, as often as I can.  I will try to post photos of everyday things we're having fun doing, from time to time as well. 

It has been a great time, but I'm onto new adventures... 
Hugs!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

sounds like a fabulous new adventure....

Sara Mac said...

Steph, I'm so happy to hear that your move has been a positive and wise decision. I'm sure there's no greater blessing than reconnecting with your daughter. We all totally understand the need for your papercrafting break. Enjoy your new adventures!