August 15, 2013

Believe In Miracles

Hi there!

I hope your week has been going pretty well.  It's been nice for me, but I'm sure that won't last long.  Nothing in transportation ever stays the same.  School starts on Monday, and I'm going to have a house full of teenage girls for the weekend, so I'm hoping to be able to hide and get a few cards made to add to my stash.  Guess we'll see how that goes. lol

It's the 15th of August, and I have a new Use Your Words project for you.  Our challenge word is: Believe.  For all of the details, click HERE.



I was really trying to focus on making more layouts for this DT, but I couldn't find any photos or papers that really went together, for me.  It just wasn't clicking.  So, I did what I usually do, and made a card.  I LOVE my new Simon Says Stamp Card Kit papers and couldn't wait to dive into them.  I think they are gorgeous.  I'm very happy to report that I have a friend who sent an email a couple weeks ago, stating that her latest check up shows no sign of cancer, after a year.  She is officially a survivor, according to her.  Amen!  I wanted to send her some happy mail, and let her know that I'm still praying for her.  What amazing news though. *happy sigh*  When we were hanging out in Dallas, I remember going to the fair with her, just about every year.  How perfect that these papers have a carousel on them.  And, the Believe stamp set from Verve was perfect for this card.  I know she'll love it!

I've combined the following challenges in my card today:

Card Mania #27 - Your Favorite Embellishment (Love my twine!)
Scrapping Everyday Miracles August Main Challenge #31 - An Accomplishment
Creative Craft Challenges2 #16 - Tic, Tac, Toe (I chose twine, ivory, distress)
Ribbon Carousel Challenge #84 - Summertime Fun (hoping my patterned papers will work)

That's all for me.  I do hope you'll head over to the Use Your Words blog to see the beautiful projects the other designers have posted.  I'm lucky to be on a team with such talented women.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!

13 comments:

Chelsea said...

The card is just beautiful, I love the MME pages and the survivor on it, I'm sure it really meant a lot to your friend and I am happy to hear she is a survivor!

MichelleMc said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the design and colors. I'm sure your friend really appreciates it.

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

KalySto said...

So elegant! Love it!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Card Mania Challenge and Good Luck!
Smiles, Kaly

Pia S said...

I really like this version of a sentiment only card. The paper is so decorative that no images are required. And with the colors and design of this card it's equally perfect for a man as for a woman - I like that about a card.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Steph, what a gorgeous card and such a blessing on your friend making the 1 year mark cancer free. She will love this beautiful card!! Thanks for joining the Scrapping Everyday Miracles August “I Can Do All Things through Christ” Challenge ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Toni Herron said...

Gorgeous card.. Love the colours..
Thanks for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles..
Toni - SEM, DT

Ani said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card...Thanks so much for joining us at SEM

karalschuknecht said...

This is a beautiful Card, I love everything about it. So glad you contacted me.
Karal

Cara G said...

What a beautiful card Steph...I am sure your friend will absolutely love it. So glad you shared it with us this month for our SEM Challenge!

blsd2scrp said...

such a lovely card! you have inspired me to try my hand at this strange and unattainable thus far for me! lol thanks for sharing with us over at SEM!

Helen Gullett said...

Love it, Steph. Very creative and love the stamp too ;) Thanks for playing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!