August 21, 2013

Rejoice

Hola!

Happy Humpday!  I hope your week is going as well as mine is.  School started on Monday, and because my daughter is a pretty good teenager, we've already gotten into our daily routine without any trouble at all.  What a year it has been for us, and I'm thankful that things continue to get better. 

So, I created this card, just for fun.  I wanted to try a couple things, and I wanted to use colors that I probably never would have combined, had I not been challenged by them.  This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but it's growing on me.  Here's my card.


This is my very first attempt at a one layer card.  I think the butterflies might disqualify me from being a true one layer, but it needed something.  Everything else is stamped on the main panel of my card.  I used a stencil/mask from one of my Simon Says Stamp card kits, and think the added design works well enough.  I stamped my sentiment in the masked center panel, and then I stamped the flourish on the side.  I liked how it seemed to appear layered with all of the elements, but it was still in need of something.  That's when I added the butterflies.  In all, I like my card, even though I don't know if I'd use these colors together again.  I can't lie though, it is pretty bright and bold, and cheerful. :)

I've combined the following challenge in my card today:

Card Crafters Circle #88 - Winged Things
Stampin for the Weekend - Butterflies
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #224 - Lime, Berry & Eggplant
The Paper Players #159 - One Layer Card (this was my first attempt, not sure I pulled it off though)
Pile It On #33 - No Designer Paper

I hope you have a great rest of the week.  I hope to be back soon, with another crafty project.  It's going to be a busy weekend though, as we've got our last trip planned for this weekend.  Guess we'll see what happens.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!

11 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful! Love those little butterflies and your colorful background. Such a great design!

Jennifer said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Sara Mac said...

WOW Steph! This is gorgeous. It's hard to believe that it's a one layer card and that it's your first attempt at one. Just beautiful. Glad the school year is off to a great start. Hope you are well.

Sara Mac said...

WOW Steph! This is gorgeous. It's hard to believe that it's a one layer card and that it's your first attempt at one. Just beautiful. Glad the school year is off to a great start. Hope you are well.

Patti J said...

Happy to hear that things are off to a good start for you and DD. hope she has a wonderful year. Your card is beautiful, Stteph! Thanks for sharing it :-)

Mayras Designs said...

I think your card came out lovely ! Great technique !
Thank you for joining us at Pile it On Challenges !

Mayra DTM
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

Indy's Designs said...

What a beautiful card! So glad you shared it with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
{hugs}
Debbie

K Clark said...

wow.. your first time with one layer... wow you really rocked it!! thanks for joining us at Pile it on for the no designer paper challenge - hope to see you back again this week!! Kimberly DT

Leslie Germain said...

absolutely beautiful one layer card. I like the butterfly! ;)

Gunn (Merete) said...

This card I really like. The butterfly border or swirl are so fab.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What an excellent one-layer card! I hope the butterflies don't disqualify you - it's a real winner in my book! LOVE the way you used masking - WOWIE!