August 6, 2013

Blue Skies

Greetings!

I hope everyone is having a good week, so far!  It was a lazy weekend around our house, but I was able to get a couple of crafty things done.  Here is a card I made for a friend in need of encouragement.


I wanted to try a technique that Dawn McVey introduced on a weekly tutorial for PTI, that uses two different background stamps together.  You can barely see the light pink polka dots in my photo, but in real life, they're pretty cool.  I have a feeling I'll be trying this technique again.  It's easy.  I've had this stamp in my stash forever, and decided it was time to ink her up after neglecting her for about a year.  I paper pieced the umbrella, and cut her out so I could pop her up.  I think this card is bright, and cheerful, and I'm hoping it will bring a smile to my friend.

I've combined the following challenges in my card today:

Crazy 4 Challenges #197 - Paper Piecing
Sketchbook Saturday #102 - Sketch
Dynamic Duos #64 - Strawberry Slush & Daffodil Delight (I tried to get as close as I could)
Our Creative Corner - Words, Words, Words
Kaboodle Doodles #183 - Anything With Scallops (my lace has scallops)
The Pink Elephant #211 - Texture
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #232 - Backgrounds (using your stamps)

I am hoping to get more crafting done this week, as we're expecting rain over the next few days.  Great time to make a bit pot of homemade veggie beef soup too, I think.

Have a great day!
Hugs!

14 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE that little ruffle of lace peeking out - such a great card :)

BTW, there's a packet on its way to you - I hope it gets there really soon!

Susie W. said...

Oh my goodness Steph! I love your paper piecing...so perfect! Such a sweet card.
I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

So wonderful, love the images creating the thought of rain!

Too Cute!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just darling!

Unknown said...

OH MY what a sweet stamped image! TOO CUTE :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos, we hope you will join us again soon!

Allison Cope said...

Super duper cute Steph! I saw here video too and I thought the technique would be awesome for this week's challenge too! Gorgeous end result. Thanks for playing along with our back ground challenge over at Flourishes this week!

Words and Pictures said...

Ah, cute - I love that embossed background to frame her. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is pretty! I LOVE the background you made. Those pink dots and beautiful script text together are fab! I'll have to check out that PTI tutorial and give it a try, myself. ;) Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Timeless Tuesday Background Challenge!

Redanne said...

I really like the combination of colours you have used, the great composition of your card and the sentiment is lovely too. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

Ime said...

beauiful card!!! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my gosh! So much cuteness!! Love it, I forgot how adorable these girls are :D

karalschuknecht said...

This is really cute and great job with the paperpiecing.

Leslie Germain said...

adorable card!!

Laurart said...

So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month - Love from Laura xxx