August 19, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Good day!

How's it going?  I hope you had a great weekend, hopefully, filled with lots of crafty time.  My house was filled with teenage gossip, laughter, and snacking.  All of my daughters friends who stayed with us over the weekend, call me mom, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  It is a bit like herding cattle though, at times.  They had me running in all different directions on Friday night.  Fortunately, they were at the pool for most of the day on Saturday, and then the mall on Sunday.  Thank goodness for small breaks in the action.  I'm getting old, and my body told me this on several occasions throughout the weekend.  lol  I'm glad everyone had a great time though.  School started today, and my daughter was more than excited to go back.  I'm lucky that my child loves school.  I have a feeling this year is going to be a great one.  Can't believe she's a sophomore already though.  Wow!

Anyway, onto why you're here, right?   I have a new card to share with you for our latest House of Cards challenge.  This month there is a sketch, and this weeks challenge is Classic & Elegant.  For all of the details, click HERE.


I have lots of birthdays coming up this fall, so I wanted to get a head start on the cards for everyone.  I was able to get a few cards made for my stash, but mostly I made birthday cards for specific people in our family.  I really like how this card turned out.  I used a page from an extra bible we had in the house.  I just randomly tore one out.  I stamped the leaves on it in two different colors of green and then double matted it in white and blue, which you can't really see that well in my photo (sorry).  I then used my handy dandy distress inks and Nestabilities, to create the sentiment, then added a bit of twine and was done.  Also, I outlined the inside of the Nestie while the paper was still in the die, for added dimension, but you can't really see that in this photo either.  In real life it's really cool and sparkly.  I hope the recipient of this card enjoys it.  I tried to combine many things I thought they'd enjoy.

I've combined the following challenge in my card today:

Sieze the Birthday - Always Anything Goes (Birthday related)
One Crazy Stamper August Challenge - Birthday
Just For Fun Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Daring Cardmakers - Colors of the Sea

As always, the other cards posted today are stunning!  I do hope you'll head over to see them, and maybe get to play along with us this week.  I'll be back with another something crafty soon.

Enjoy your day!
Hugs!

13 comments:

Miri said...

I'm not sure if I would have picked the book of Job for the background =) ... but your card is beautiful! Great idea and perfect realization.

Mynn xx said...

Steph, this is AWESOME! LOVE the shading on the sentiment panel and I adore the fabulous text/stamped backing paper! HUGS and have a great week! :)

Darnell said...

This is a real standout, Steph! I love your design!!

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Steph! I love the use of the text as your background DP and then the subtle stamping over it! Thanks for your kind words on my blog! Have a great week!

Nancy said...

Stephanie this card came out wonderful! I love that you used an old Bible for your background. The added leaves and the blue sentiment look great. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday this week.

jane stillman said...

It certainly is classic and elegant, love the design. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun Challenge, good luck

Ruth M said...

Love the stamping on the page of text and your colours are fab! The sentiment panel is so beautifully done! A wonderful card Steph!
Ruth x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love how you stamped over the text. The colors look great and your sentiment piece stands out. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

Unknown said...

Lovely idea to get your cards ready for your family bdays hun. Fab colour choice too. Thank you for joining in at Just for fun JFF DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Marie Richardson said...

fab card
Thanks for joining us over at Just For Fun this month, good luck with the challenge.
Hugs
Marie (DT Member for JFF)
xxxx

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

Great work, thanks for joining us for our first challenge at "Just For Fun!"

Elaine xx