August 1, 2013

Use Your Words - Moment


Hi everyone!

How's your week been?  Mine has been pretty good, considering I was on vacation for three days.  Luckily, I was able to work ahead, which made it nice and easy for me when I returned and there was nothing major going on. 

I'm excited to bring you the next prompt for Use Your Words.  Our word for this challenge is: Moment.  For all of the details, click HERE.


For my layout, I broke out some old photos of my mother and I at the beach, from when I was about 4 years old.  We lived in South Texas, and the beach was about 20 minutes from our house.  I loved going there with my parents.  How I wish I were young, and carefree again.  Thank goodness I received my Studio Calico scrapbook kit, as these papers worked perfectly.  I tried to portray the sun with the yellow scalloped circle border and the waves with the blue chevron paper.  It looks a bit plain, but I dig it.

I just found out that I had been chosen as a Favorite Peep, over at The Hybrid Chick, for THIS card.  So excited!


I do hope you'll head over to the Use Your Words blog to see the other amazing layouts posted.  They're gorgeous!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love the thought that went into your paper choices. Your layout works so well!

Raechelle Bellus said...

Love the use of the scalloped circles! This is a beautiful layout.

Unknown said...

Love the simplicity of this...it really works! Oh you are so lucky to have photos of you at that age...and with your Mum....so lucky!!

Christina Panetsou said...

I just love you layout!!!
Beautiful photos!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Hello Steph. Great layout and why I am visiting - saw it on use your words. Love the other creations I have seen on your blog too. I am your newest follower via GFC. Would love for you to stop by and say hi.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com