June 11, 2011

My Hero

Hi ya'll!

How is your weekend going so far?  Mine is going to be fantastic!  I'm just waiting for a few of my co-workers to arrive and then it's time for pool party and bbq in the backyard.  I LOVE having a pool.  So relaxing after a stressful day at work, and always fun when having friends over.  *happy sigh*

So, my stupid internal alarm clock had me up at 6am today, bleh.  I couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to start working on some Father's Day cards for work.  Here is the first one I created.


I love how this turned out.  If you've followed my blog long, you know I struggle with masculine cards. lol  I just got these star dies from MFT and had to play with them already.  I cut them out of old book paper and glimmer misted them.  They're really cool in real life.  I'm surprised at how well my card matches the idea I had in my head.  I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:

Crazy4Challenges #91 - Father's Day
Sketchbook Saturday #15 - Sketch (my loose interpretation)
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Father's Day
Stamp Something - Something Punched (I used dies)
Delightful Challenges - Father's Day
Stampin Royalty #75 - Celebrate Dad

Don't forget you still have time to participate in FYI Challenge #7.  There's a cute prize and the photo is amazing.  You can find all of the details HERE.

I hope you have a great day!  I'll be thinking of ya'll while enjoying my margarita, poolside. :D
Hugs!

22 comments:

Janeen said...

Great idea for a masculine card. Isn't it fun when what's in your head comes out your hands. Love it when that happens and yours is wonderful.
Thanks for playing with us at Speedy's Friends. Good luck in the drawing.

Crystal said...

LOVE this Steph, what a great design and the perfect masculine creation!!!!!

Winnie and Patty said...

What a great father's day card! I love the stars! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

dstandard said...

What a gorgeous masculine card1 Awesome!

Heidi said...

Great Card Steph, have fun in the pool it's raining here in bonnie (or not so bonnie) Scotland. But last weekend was lovely and we did the hot tub thingy. Have a great weekend. Hugs Heidi x

Hetty said...

Superstar Dad card!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is a super Fathers Day card - I love the stars and the neutral colors! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Carol Hurlock said...

Steph what a great masculine card you created. I love those star dies and how you arranged them around that cute tag. Thanks so much for playing along in Speedy's Friends Challenge. I love to visit and see your work.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a fabulous card! I hope you guys had fun in the pool!

Anonymous said...

I like it very much!

Anne Harada said...

Brilliant! I love the book paper you used, what a great card my friend! Hope you are doing well, sounds like you are having a great time at your new place!
Hugs,
Anne

NancyD said...

Great card! I love your composition. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

redwasher1 said...

What a wonderful card and I love this!!!
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous artwork with us at Speedy's Friends.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic and what an awesome sentiment for dad.

curlyqmosaics said...

Your card is gorgeous! It is the perfect Dad's Day card! I love everything about it!

ike said...

Great project. Hope you enjoyed your party/bbq. Thank you for joining us at SSDS this week.
Ike xx
SSDS DT

Hands On said...

Love the stars and ticket for your sentiment. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

Keva said...

This card is awesome! Perfect guy card for sure. Love the kraft base especially.

Lillian Child said...

What a delightful card!

I just found your blog and am now a follower. So nice to meet you. Stop by my blog sometime and say hello!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Bananastamper said...

This is stunning and I love it! Fantastic!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Perfect Father's Day card, Steph! I love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love, love, love this card!! I just ordered these star dies and I will have to CASE your card some day soon!