June 26, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge Week #30

Hi everyone!

It's been a few months since I've posted a card for this years Christmas Card Challenges.  I took a leave of absence, and even though I'm not officially back until next Sunday, I couldn't help but play along with this weeks callenge, which is Die Cuts.  And you know how I am about embossing.  HERE is a challenge to support that habit. lol  Here is what I came up with. 

For this weeks challenge, click HERE.


I love how this turned out!  I used my Tim Holtz Carved Ornaments die and the MFT snowflake dies for this.  I'm behind on my Christmas cards, so I've created two of the same for this week, and I'll probably do the same each week until I'm caught up.  I think I'll have all of my cards done by Christmas that way. lol  I've also combined the following challenges into my card this week.

Frosted Designs - Black & White plus 1
Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge #61 - Make it Sparkle (my snowflakes are loaded with Stickles)
CFC #8 - Getting Edgy (my first time joining and yes, I did use a border punch although you can't see it that much lol)
I do hope you'll head over to the CCC blog to see what the other wonderful desingers have created.  They're always fabulous!!

Have a great day!
Hugs!

23 comments:

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Things I love about this card:
Silver & White, Embossing, Design,
design cuts.
Things I don't like about this card:
Nothing! I love it it all.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back Steph! LOVE the colors and layout, beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Peg

Shobana said...

Oh, this is lovely! :) Just beautiful!

dstandard said...

WOWSERS!!! Love this - goregous white on white!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful background and layering! It reminds me of the winter wonderland! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Janice M said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Embossing" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Deborah Frings said...

A really beautiful Christmas card - love all the texture from the embossing!

Unknown said...

Love this card with all the textures!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

Carol Hurlock said...

So elegant and stylish and a soft serene color-just gorgeous. Makes me think I need to get out my Christmas stamps soon. Your card looks so soft and inviting. Thanks so much for joining us at Speedy's Friends Challenge this week. I love coming to visit and see your work!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and great embossing, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. I have candy if you are interested
Hugs Kate xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty holiday card! Love the solft colors, the great textures... that ornmanet is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

simply elegant! Thank you for playing at IDIC this challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Winnie and Patty said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! I love the snowflakes and layout! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness! Steph, this is a drop dead gorgeous card!! I LOVE everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your card is absolutely stunning! I love all of the texture. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week at Frosted Designs! :)
Melissa

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful! What a fabulous Christmas card! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Janeen said...

your stickled snowflakes are lovely. what a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with the Friends of Speedy the Cat. Good Luck in the drawing this week.

Laurie said...

Such a fun Christmas card! :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Ashley Horton said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the embossing and the pretty snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with FD this week! - Ashley, Guest Designer

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love that layout and the snowflakes sprinkled throughout the card. THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Shelby Goolsby said...

Absolutely beautiful card!! I love the silver. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

Brenda Dean said...

Love all the textures. Beautiful!