June 5, 2011

Thank You

Hi everyone!

How was your weekend?  Did you get lots done?  I was actually able to accomplish everything I set out to do.  I got caught up on laundry, went grocery shopping, and purged/reorganized my craft area in my bedroom.  Oh, and I also went to a crop on Saturday night with the gals.  It was so good to get crafty again.  I'm hoping to be able to do that more often, now that things at work are starting to calm down just a bit. 

So, I have been following Chupa's blog for a while now, and have been wanting to play along with her Sketchbook Saturday sketch challenges, but hadn't had time.  Fortunately, I finally got the chance to use her sketch, #14, on Saturday.  Here is my card.


I combined the sketch with Color Throwdown #144, which is Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery.  I didn't have the exact match on the green, but the Nestie on the bottom of the flower is actually a light green.  Have I mentioned how in love I am with the Square Lattice embossing folder from Stampin Up? lol  I adore it and I try to use it every chance I get.  Love how it makes patterned paper almost look like burlap or canvas, sort of.  Anyway, I'm going to add this to my stash that is in severe need of replenishment.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great week!

Hugs!
 

5 comments:

dstandard said...

WOw Steph - after seeing this don't know if I'll do one - this is gorgeous! I love Chupa's sketches!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Sara Mac said...

Wow, what a great card Steph! I love all the dimension with the layers. Great colors too.

Wanda Cullen said...

Hi, Steph! This is such a pretty card! I'm with you on loving that embossing folder...it adds such wonderful texture!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my, I LOVE what you did with the circle panel! Great dimension, very eye catching!
I'm so glad that you played with my sketch, I'd love to see you playing more :)