November 28, 2011

Peace, Joy and Love

Hi everyone!

I do hope you had a wonderful holiday and weekend.  It's back to work for me today, and I'm dreading it.  I have been gone and can only imagine the piles of stuff that are waiting for me to tackle on my desk. lol

I got some extra time to create some more stuff, just for fun.  If all goes well, I'll have something posted two or three times this week.  Here is my first card.


I love the very non-traditional look these colors give to this Christmas card.  If you know me, you know how I love the non-traditional colors for my cards at Christmas time.  It was a bit challenging to get everything how I wanted it, but all in all, it turned out pretty well.  I've got another card to add to my pile, and that's all that really matters.  I've combined the following challenges for this card:

Unscripted Sketches #134 - Sketch
Crazy 4 Challenges #115 - Snow
OCCC 11/26 - O' Christmas Tree (include a Christmas tree of some sort)
Crafty Contaigon Challenge 11/26 - Leftovers (use your scraps, just about everything on my card is a scrap of some sort)
PDCC #108 - Maroon, Copper, Tumeric (I got as close as I could)
Paper Sundaes #97 -  Winter Wonderland
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #140 - Anything Christmas

I hope you have a good week.  I'm off to get ready and make the dreaded drive to work on a Monday after a holiday. lol  I'll be back soon with another something crafty.

Hugs!

14 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!

MarcyK924 said...

Ooo - love the colors you used on this gorgeous card! Beautiful embellies! Hope you have a wonderful holiday! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy K.

Geri said...

This card is awesome! I love that you go out on a limb and create something unique! After all, that is what these sketches are all about - inspiration to create! Thanks for sharing you card with us at Unscripted Sketches.

Anonymous said...

Very elegant! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, it's just beautiful! It's simple, yet there's a lot going on. The layout is a GREAT one, and I think you used our challenge colors in a terrific way.

Thanks so much for playing with us at The PLay Date Cafe!

Samantha said...

Gorgeous card! I really adore the embossed patterned paper!

Holly Barrett said...

Lovely card! I love your colors and the blind embossing on the designer paper. What a great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I am also a huge fan of non-traditional colors for holiday cards and this is gorgeous!! Wow! Love the softness of the yellow ared wih the red and gold. The layered snowflake and ribbon treatment are such beautiful touches, too. Just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

Winnie said...

A lovely christmascard the colors are beautiful, thank you for joining our challenge this week at Stamptacular Sunday
Hugs Winnie DT

Linda Beeson said...

What a beautiful card! I really like that embossed background and such a neat use of the Unscripted sketch.

Unknown said...

Wow! How lovely is this!! Great card!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge at the "Anything Christmas - Challenge" Hope to see you again!

Hugs from Tine

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is so beautiful - the subtle trees behind the sentiment are perfect. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

dstandard said...

Oh Steph this is just beautiful! Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketched!

Wendy J. said...

Beautiful card, Steph! I love the texture from the DSP and the embossing. Love the snowflakes and the large scallop. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!