February 15, 2012

Belli Challenge #137

Hi there!

Thanks for stopping by again.  I'm excited to bring you my next Creative Belli challenge card, which is a recipe challenge.  The ingredients are 1 ribbon, 2 designer papers, 3 colors and 4 gems or pearls.  For all of the details, click HERE.


So, there's no embossing, no Nestabilities, not very many layers.  My goal was to step outside my box and do another CAS card.  I'm pretty sure this is one of the most simple, yet very pretty, cards I've made in a while.  I broke out the new Janome Sew Mini I got for Christmas and finally added some stitching.  I'm definitely going to have to practice stitching in straight lines more though.  Until then, I'm going to say that my stitching is "whimsy". lol  I've hade these papers in my stash for a few months, and I've never ever used them.  I've also had the pearls and the ribbon for while as well.  I'm slowly building up my stash again.  Thank goodness! :)

I've also combined the following challenges in my card.

Sketchbook Saturday #49 - Sketch (my VERY loose interpretation)
Card Caravan #12 - Ribbon
Craft Your Days Away #38 - Get Stitchy With It
Sweet Stampin - CAS

I hope you'll head over to see what the other lovely ladies have created today.  They're pretty fantastic, as usual.

Back soon with another crafty project.
Hugs!

11 comments:

Patti J said...

Wowzers, girl - you are kickin' patootie with these CAS cards! Great job!!! Love this - the colors and nice tidy lines make the sentiment really stand out. Have a good day, Steph!

Pamela said...

Very elegant card, thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Pam x

joy said...

Great balance and love the black - a touch of sophistication!

Tracey T said...

I absolutely love this stylish, uncluttered card! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

jimlynn said...

WOW! Awesome card! Love it!
Lynn

Debbie said...

A beautiful card, love the stitching detail, just perfect for our C&S challenge at Sweet Stampin, good luck. Debbiexx

Markey said...

Great Card Steph,

Love how the strong layout is so simple... your stitching rally finishes it

~Markey

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your layout and CAS card. And, I love to sew on cards- your sewing is great- looks straight to me!

paige said...

Love the CAS look and the pretty color combo! The stitching is a fabulous touch!

Robin Parker said...

Steph, this is gorgeous. The clean and simple look is fabulous! Great job!

Ceal said...

Awesome take on the challenge with a CAS