February 2, 2012

FYI Challenge #23

Greetings my friends!

I hope you've had a good week, and are planning on having an even better weekend.  Mine hasn't been too shabby, and tonight I've got something exciting planned.  I hope everything goes well. :)

I have our newest FYI challenge project for you today.  It's a bit out of my norm, but I like it.  We also have a great new sponsor, KennyK.  Here is a bit about them.


Digi and rubber stamps from KennyK are a fun and edgy way to add the perfect dose of attitude and style to all of your creations!

The creator, the artist, the man: KennyK is a NYC-born professional illustrator who has brought his funky-but-slick, urban-influenced look to the cardmaking and papercrafts world.  His signature style can be seen throughout his various collections of sexy pinup babes, sweet 'n sassy girls, cool rockin' dudes, kid’s stuff, retro characters and more at: KennyKDownloads.com

Kenny & Elena were gracious enough to allow us to use some of their digi's for our projects.  I do hope you'll head over and check them out.  Here is the inspiration photo.  For more details, click HERE.


Believe it or not, this is a church, somewhere overseas.  The reason I chose this photo is because of the architecture, and because it's a really cool looking church.  Here is what I came up with, based on the photo.


As mentioned, I don't normally do "cutesy", but this image had me swimming (haha, another pun) with ideas.  I'm glad I was able to get them onto my card.  It mostly turned out how I pictured it.  I love the little fish.  He's just the cutest!  I am going to give this to my friends son.  He's kind of having a rough time at school right now, so I hope this cheers him up. 

My Lovely Lotuses have created some fantastic projects for you today.  Of course, they're always fantastic, in my opinion.  You should head over to see which digi's they used, and what they came up with.

Have a great day!
Hugs!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWWW sooooooo cute Steph!!!!

Sara Mac said...

What an adorable card Steph! I don't do cutesy either (not well anyway). Love everything about this.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun fish! I hope to use mine for next time!

dstandard said...

Steph this is just so stinking CUTE! I adore it!

Michelle said...

Steph, I'm in love with this little fish! I love the scene you've set with the waves and the kites as well. Gorgeous!