July 15, 2012

2012 Christmas Card Challenge Week #33

Hi ya'll!

I'm back from my much needed vacation, and I'm feeling totally refreshed.  I wish I had another week to just stay home and be a bum, but alas, work is waiting for me to return tomorrow.  *sigh*  On a happier note, I'm super content that I got to spend a whole week with the people I love the most.  I'll post a few pics soon, if I remember. :)

I'm happy to say that I was able to get another Christmas card done.  This weeks challenge over at the CCC is to incorporate the emboss resist technique in your card.  For all of the details, click HERE.


I've gone back to taking my photos outside.  Although my light box was functional, I am MUCH happier with my outdoor photos.  For this card, I did something out of the norm for me, I distressed.  I've used my distress inks before, but I seldom distress my edges, or have anything that looks like it has been distressed.  I like the added texture, but I'm not sure I'll do this too often.  I'm a clean lines kinda girl, so everything has to be that way. lol  I'm loving these colors together, and I like how my card turned out.  I'm happy to have another card done as well.  I'm entering my card into the following challenges as well.

Card Caravan #22 - Christmas in July
Totally Gorjuss #140 - It's Christmas
Card Crafter's Circle #31 - Christmas in July
Jellypark Challenge - Christmas in July
Winter Wonderland - Sentiment as focal point.

I do hope you'll head over to see what the other elves have created for you today.  They're all pretty fantastic. 

I'll be back soon with another something crafty for ya!
Hugs!

7 comments:

Jenée said...

Steph, beautiful card. I so like the use of blue with snowflakes. It does give a nice "chilly" feel to the work. Really like the sentiment. Thank you for entering your card in this week's Christmas challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

Jennifer said...

Such a fantastic card! I love the distressing but more so the colour combo is jumping out at me! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Anne-Marie said...

Oooo...pretty, pretty....love the icy blues! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle.....good luck!

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week with your beautiful card.

Pam x

Sharon said...

Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week. Your card is absolutely stunning. Good luck.

Barbara said...

A gorgeous card - and the JOY seems to reflect the joy you feel about that long needed vacation (even though it's over...)

inkydoodlecrafts said...

Gorgeous colour choice perfect for Christmas cards. I share your clean crafting style. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)