July 19, 2012

FYI Challenge #34

Hola!

It's been an interesting week, after being on vacation, and I'm glad it's almost over.  I almost feel like I need another week to catch up. lol 

I'm excited to bring you another FYI project.  For all of the details, click HERE.


I LOVE this photo!  The colors are gorgeous together, and I think the light and dark contrast are super fantastic.  It reminds me of an enchanted forest, although, I don't think I've ever really seen one on TV or anything. lol  Here is what I came up with for my card today.


Yep, those distress inks, love them.  I can't help but use them every chance I get.  I kept my card simple, as I didn't want to interfere with the background I created.  I love the way the red looks on the orange.  The pop of dark brown from the bow was just the right touch to include some contrast, like in the photo.  I needed a thank you for someone, and this is definitley going to do the trick.  I hope she likes it.

My Lovely Lotuses have posted some fabulous projects, as always.  I do hope you'll head over to check them out.  Maybe you'll get the chance to play along with us too!

Hugs! 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Steph, I hope your week finishes up less stressful and that you get a relaxing week-end!

I love the background you created also! Great card, your friend will love it!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Classic Steph! Just elegant and classy!

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning card ... love how you used those inks!

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful Steph! You've inked it up perfectly. Hope your week speeds along and your weekend is restful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent sponging!! Beautiful card!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Steph - isn't it great to get inky once in a while! Love the background and the text - this is a great take on the photo.
Also love the Orange Fluff recipe (above) - must try that out - it sounds yummy!.
Have a happy weekend - Sylvia x